Simply Accounting is now branded as Sage 50. They offer a range of software solutions to handle tasks about accounting and payroll. All of their tools were branded with their new brand name Sage 50 with new and improved features.
The requirement of downgrading a Simply Accounting database
At certain times, you will have to deal with both advanced and lower versions of Simply Accounting. For instance, assume that you have a Simply Accounting database (which is created with a version like Simply Accounting Enterprise/Sage 50 Quantum) and you are going to open the same in a lower version. In that case, you can see an error code and prevent your database from opening in the lower version of the software. To give you a better idea about the possible error codes, we list down a few below.
- “This company cannot be opened with Simply Accounting/Sage 50 Premium Accounting because it is from Simply Accounting Enterprise/Sage 50 Quantum Accounting”
- “This company cannot be opened with Simply Accounting/Sage 50 Complete Accounting because it is from Simply Accounting Enterprise/Sage 50 Premium Accounting”
- “This company cannot be opened with Simply Accounting/Sage 50 Pro Accounting because it is from Simply Accounting Enterprise/Sage 50 Complete Accounting”
- “This company cannot be opened with Simply Accounting/Sage 50 [Version] because it is from Simply Accounting/Sage 50 [Version]”
- “This data has been updated to a new file format and is now incompatible with this version of Simply Accounting”
What is the solution?
It is surely annoying when you cannot open the much-needed data file. In that case, the best thing is to contact a professional and get the respective file downgraded. E-Tech is empowered with the required knowledge and skills to get it done for you without any hassle. They can downgrade any existing Simply Accounting file so it will be compatible with the lower versions. All you have to do is to contact us and explain your requirement so that we will let you know the solution promptly.