Being a business that uses Sage 50 package, you will come across the requirement of downgrading from one version to another. For instance, assume that you have decided to downgrade from Sage 50 Quantum to Sage 50 Premium or Sage 50 Pro version. If you are in such a situation, you should convert the existing datasets as well. Otherwise, you cannot open Sage 50 Quantum datasets in Sage 50 Premium or Sage 50 Pro version.
If you try to open a Sage 50 Quantum data file in Sage 50 Pro or Premium version, you will come across at least one the following error codes:
- This company cannot be opened with Sage 50 Premium Accounting because it is from Sage 50 Quantum Accounting
- This company cannot be opened with Sage 50 Complete Accounting because it is from Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- This company cannot be opened with Sage 50 Pro Accounting because it is from Simply Accounting Enterprise/Sage 50 Complete Accounting
- This company cannot be opened with Sage 50 [Version] because it is from Sage 50 [Version]Simply Accounting Enterprise/Complete to Pro or Premium Conversion
- “This data has been updated to a new file format and is now incompatible with this version of Simply Accounting” when opening data in Sage Simply Accounting
The key is to downgrade the existing files without causing any data loss. You cannot just try random tools or online tools to convert your valuable data files and put them in danger. In addition to that, you cannot expect a complete conversion through those random tools. So, the best approach is to find a professional to get it done without compromising the security of your data.
If you get the assistance of a professional like us at E-Tech, you can get the conversion done within 1-2 business days. The converted (downgraded) file will comprise all the lists, users, transactions, reports, and settings. Moreover, this downgrade service is compatible with Sage 50 Canada and Sage 50 US editions.
You can simply contact our team of experts at E-Tech and submit your file for downgrading. Also, we will assist you to overcome various other matters related to Sage 50 file handling.