In today’s enterprises, the performance of the accounting application plays a vital part in the overall business management. You may encounter “QuickBooks Running Slow” or maybe even experienced this annoying trouble that leaves you helpless and restrict you to perform various tasks both online and off-line. A slow QuickBooks means lost productivity and time spent identifying the solutions. There are certain number of factors that triggers QuickBooks Desktop performance issues and pushes you to wonder, “Why is my QuickBooks Slow?” If your QuickBooks Desktop is taking forever to open, E-tech is committed to help you eliminate the problem for you.
To resolve the issues of Quickbooks performance, you should Optimize your server and workstations to minimize performance issues in QuickBooks. If your computer system meets these specifications and still experience performance issues, increasing your available RAM may improve the condition. Remember that your goal is to increase the amount of RAM available to QuickBooks.
If you are still having issues with the performance of your QuickBooks, your company file may be the root cause. You have options you can use to resolve such issues. Before proceeding, make sure all QuickBooks installations, including the Database Server Manager on the host or server, are up to date.
Recommendations to resolve performance issues:
- Reduce the size of the company file by using the Condensed Data Utility
- Set company and personal preferences
- Optimize QuickBooks operations
- Maintain lists
Before you start, perform the following:
Create a backup of your data file. Be aware that once two entries are merged together, the merge cannot be undone. Create an archive copy of your file. If you merge any list entries, open the archive copy to view the history of the merged entries.
List characteristics that can hinder performance:
- Your lists are approaching the list limits. Learn more about the maximum number of list entries (list limits and custom fields).
- Your lists have a large number of inactive entries that you no longer use.
- Your customer list has many jobs underneath customers.
- Your account list has many sub-accounts.
- Your item list has many sub-items.
- The Customer, Vendor, and Employee centers have custom-sorted name lists.
Custom Sorted Lists
- Open the Center (Customer Center, Vendor Center, etc.) that has performance issues.
- To the left of the Name column, ensure there is no diamond column.
- If there is a diamond column, click the diamond to remove it. You do not need to be in single-user mode to remove the diamond.
- Close the Center and reopen it.
Chart of Accounts: If you are using sub-accounts to track source of income or use of expenses, merge sub-accounts together or into the parent accounts and set up Classes to do the tracking.
Item List: Merge together old and/or inactive items that are no longer sold. Merged items lose their identity; be sure you have an archive copy with the history of each item.
Customer List: If your Customer Job list has several old jobs underneath Customers, merge them together. If you have old, inactive Customers to whom you no longer sell, merge them together. The merged customers and jobs lose their identity; be sure you have an archive copy with their individual history.
Vendor List: If you have old, inactive Vendors from whom you no longer purchase goods, merge them together. The merged vendors lose their identity; be sure you have an archive copy with their individual history.
Employee List: If you have old, inactive Employees whom you no longer employ, merge them together. The merged employees lose their identity; be sure you have an archive copy with their individual history and be sure that you have all of their tax forms up to date, printed and submitted to the appropriate tax agencies.
E-Tech’s Quickbooks Condense/Cleanup/Optimization Service will reduce the file size of your data file by cleaning out temporary and garbage data, and re-indexing the data file. No transactions are lost in this operation. You will see significant improvements in the speed and performance of your data file including improved network performance. If you’re having problems with your QuickBooks data, E-Tech can fix it. Please click https://e-tech.ca/022-Quickbooks-Condense-Cleanup-Optimize-Service.asp