Steps to find the Quickbooks (QBW) and Transaction log (TLG) file on your computer:
- Start QuickBooks, and open the company file you are looking for.
- Press Ctrl-1 to open the Product Information window. The filename will be in the section ‘File Information’ in the Location field. Note the location of the file.
- Important: Make sure you close Quickbooks before zipping, copying the file or uploading the file — you cannot upload the file while the application is running.
If this doesn’t work for you, you can search your hard drive for all .qbw files:
- From the Start menu, select Search.
- Go to Files or Folders.
- Under What do you want to search for? select Documents
- Do a search for *.qbw on the hard drive (usually C drive). Be sure to search hidden files and folders.
- Repeat the search with *.tlg, *.adr, *.old
- From the list of files found, find the one you want to import and write down the location. Most likely it will be the one with the latest date.
The folder where QuickBooks automatically stores your company data files depends on the version of Windows and the exact QuickBooks version: